[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 and release numbering

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Jun 20 11:23:41 UTC 2014

On 06/20/2014 02:15 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 06/20/2014 06:06 AM, Tim Bell wrote:

adding mere digits to the name will not help in any way. as far as I
have seen in #centos, most of those who do not update stay at a
particular version in time because they do do not WANT to update not
because they are not familiar with the concept or the need to update.
"it works as it is, we are afrain that an update might break something".
what most are not familiar with are unchanged ABI and backports. But
changing the naming scheme will not help with that in any way.