[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 and release numbering

Alessandro Ren alessandro.ren at opservices.com.br
Fri Jun 20 20:12:22 UTC 2014

   Today, in CentOS 5 and 6, when I issue a yum update, lets say, on CentOS 5.5, it will bring me to the latest CentOS 5 version, 5.10 for example.
   This same behavior will work in CentOS 7? Or I have to change my repos settings?
   I didnt know about the RedHat versioning system either and I understand the need to adapt the CentOS versioning too.
   I think we all want to be able to tell our customer / users that they must update do CentOS 7.1 to fix some security issue instead of checking if they are on 7.20140619 and must update to 2.20150704. Although, it is possible to release and security patch for verion 7.0 without releasing a veriaon 7.1 and that would be done on a 7.xxxxxx branch?

   []s.