[CentOS-devel] CentOS-7 on PowerPC

Bryson Lee Bryson.Lee at sslmda.com
Sun Jun 22 19:31:02 UTC 2014

> bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Karanbir Singh
> Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 3:50 AM
> To: centos-devel at centos.org
> Subject: Re: [CentOS-devel] CentOS-7 on PowerPC
>
> On 06/13/2014 06:49 AM, Bryson Lee wrote:
> > Got approval to use one of our Power7 boxes, so I can do local testing.
> > What is needed for the ppc bootstrap?
>
> Effectively, we need a git repo ( I'll do one ) that holds mock configs, that
> are then injected into the buildsystem. The buildsystem keeps looping over
> srpms till it gets to a point where either they are all built, or there are only
> failing rpms left in the stack and each one has failed 5 times.
>
> each new commit to the git repo restarts the buildsystem ( if its paused at
> the moment )
>
> we need to bootstrap all of ppc64 ( has someone got a list from 7rc ? ) and
> we need enough ppc ( 32bit stuff ) to build the multilib side of things (
> again, who's got a list from 7rc ? )
>
> I will setup some repos that can be used for the bootstrap.
>
> the OSL folks are going to reprovision some lpar's for us to use as the
> buildsystem, should be done in a day or so ( but that should not stop us
> from going ahead and getting the mock configs setup, or atleast a few basic
> templates ).
>
> specifics, including example mock configs later today.

Should we have seen any traffic on centos-build from the ppc(64) side of the house yet?  I'd tried to set filters to weed out all the success and x86_64/i386 messages, but I'm a little concerned now (particularly since JH mentioned the ppc64 build in another thread) that I'm missing stuff I should be looking at.

Thanks,

-Bryson
 Please note that my e-mail address has changed. My new (current) address is Bryson.Lee at sslmda.com.
 This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any attachments.