[CentOS-devel] upgrade path from CentOS-6 to 7

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Jun 23 16:39:56 UTC 2014

hi

the upgrade path from centos6 to 7 requires some additional content to
be released into the centos-6 repos, and then work with specific tools.
The important thing here is that sucess of an upgrade will depend on
what is installed, how well we can setup docs around the process and how
we communicate what is and isnt going to work.

I've asked Johnny to push the 2 rpms needed ( into a testing repo for
centos6 ) and once its there, we should all try and see if we can scope
things up and document the process.

As we get closer to finalising the tree's, this is going to become an
important piece of the overall stack to test out.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh