[CentOS-devel] CentOS7 minimal install ISO

Igor Zubkov igor.zubkov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:41:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am using this anaconda script for building mostly minimal system:

%packages --default --multilib

@base
@core
@anaconda-tools
@mariadb-client
@mariadb
@php
@web-server
@development

kernel
kernel-devel

%end

This is script for minimal install system with webserver (httpd), sql
server (mariadb and mariadb client) and php. With kernel-devel and
@development for building extra kernel modules (for some exotic
hardware).

I think, this script should build really minimal system:

%packages --default --multilib

@base
@core
@anaconda-tools

kernel

%end

In @anaconda-tools we have packages for iscsi/fcoe support.
"--multilib" will produce install image with multilib support. And
kernel need b/c @base/@core/@anaconda-tools doesn't have kernel
require.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Anyone been working on a CentOS-7 minimal install manifest ?
>
> given that its our most popular download on CentOS-6, it would be great
> to have something like that for 7 as well.
>
> would it help if i threw in a baseline to start from ?
>

> - KB
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh