[CentOS-devel] CentOS-7 Public QA Buildtag 140617

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Jun 25 17:38:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 01:49:05PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 18/06/14 12:55, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > On 06/18/2014 01:37 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >> hi
> >>
> >> builds from 2014 06 17 are now online, the entire tree is refreshed and
> >> livecd + livemedia-gnome and livemedia-kde  are also available.
> >
> > There is a 'latest' symlink for the tree's at
> > http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/os/ - if anyone is using that, then
> > make sure you are running 'yum distro-sync' often.
> >
> >>From the yum man page :
> >
> >   distribution-synchronization or distro-sync
> >     Synchronizes the installed package set with the latest  packages
> >     available, this is done by either obsoleting, upgrading or down-
> >     grading as appropriate. This will "normally" do the  same  thing
> >     as  the  upgrade  command  however  if  you have the package FOO
> >     installed at version 4, and the latest available is only version
> >     3, then this command will downgrade FOO to version 3.
> >
> >     This  command does not perform operations on groups, local pack-
> >     ages or negative selections.
> >

> Just to add that , to play it nice and safe, it would even be better to
> force reinstall of packages using the same N-E-V-R, but with different
> checksums (to be sure that you're really using the packages from the
> latest tree)
> So "yum distro-sync full" is somewhat preferred :

I just tried "yum distro-sync full" and I get an error about there
not being a kernel to delete. but if I ran without the "full", I
got a bunch of updates.

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding