[CentOS-devel] ipa-server package and sort of branding issue

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 09:50:56 UTC 2014

Hello,
I'm configuring ipa server on CentOS 6.5 and I notice that when the
ipa-server-install command configures ntp.conf it puts inside "rhel" for
pool of ntp servers instead of "centos".

### Added by IPA Installer ###
server 0.rhel.pool.ntp.org
server 1.rhel.pool.ntp.org
server 2.rhel.pool.ntp.org

The rpm involved is ipa-server-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
and the file involved is
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaserver/install/ntpinstance.py

where there is this if conditional statement

        # We use the OS variable to point it towards either the rhel
        # or fedora pools. Other distros should be added in the future
        # or we can get our own pool.
        os = ""
        if ipautil.file_exists("/etc/fedora-release"):
            os = "fedora"
        elif ipautil.file_exists("/etc/redhat-release"):
            os = "rhel"

So I think this should be changed in something like

        os = ""
        if ipautil.file_exists("/etc/fedora-release"):
            os = "fedora"
        elif ipautil.file_exists("/etc/centos-release"):
            os = "centos"

What do you think?
Possibly valid for rhel 7 too, but not already tested.

Gianluca