[CentOS-devel] a public QA cycle for CentOS-7

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 12 21:59:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

In the coming days, we are going to start pushing the buildsystem
content publicly, including binary rpms and tree's as they are
proccessed. It will be very much work-in-progress, and not suiteable to
consume as the end user distro. But very much suiteable for people able
to and willing to help make the CentOS-7 release better.

Fabian Arrotin and Jeff Sheltren have offered to run this effort, and
Christoph Galuschka has offered to help co-ordinate things and help
new-to-testing folks get upto speed quickly.

I realise this is very exciting for a lot of people, including us.
However, this is something new that we are going to be trialling, with
limited resources and in some cases having to build software and
process's as we go along - and doing all this on a fairly tight timeline.

So everyone, please keep an eye out in the coming days for more news
from Jeff and Fabian on a wider announcement and a process that we might
follow to make this QA effort most productive.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh