[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 (pre-release) tree available for testing

Fabian Arrotin

fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Sat Jun 14 22:03:23 UTC 2014

Following our previous post, we are pleased to announced that the first
(pre-release) CentOS 7rc tree is pushed.

As a reminder, you can find it at the following location :
http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64-20140614/

If you want to use it, you need to use the boot.iso media (found under
the images directory) , start a netinstall and point to the mentioned
repository (or use the pxe vmlinuz/initrd.img files)

We plan on also having a symbolic link called "latest", as we'll
probably have a new tree on a daily basis (until we're happy and will
have a final release)

Some points to keep in mind :

*   Those packages aren't signed (as announced, and that will be fixed
the final centos-release package)
*    There is no included yum config (but you can configure that and
point to the above repository , and that will be fixed the final
centos-release package )
*    EFI should work, but not Secureboot

Happy testing and don't forget to give us feedback ! (on the
centos-devel list, or #centos-devel irc channel, and bugs found reported
on http://bugs.centos.org)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab