[CentOS-devel] working around stacked updates

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jun 24 11:14:43 UTC 2014

hi,

Working around stacked updates is an interesting issue. eg. Kernel
needed patches into the GA release, for us to hit our GA tree, but it
had also been updated for the zero-day update.

We want to make sure that all our sources are in the git tree's as well,
and the only way to make that happen - that I could find sane anyway -
was to branch, do the work on the GA tree and then merge back into the
c7/ branch past the Zeroday update.

Might sound odd, but its fairly simple in implementation, the final
merge is done back to the c7/ branch with a merge -s ours; so it wont
retrofit older content in, but still merge the branches.

this is now live at https://git.centos.org/summary/rpms!kernel.git -
I've attached the visual path for the repo via gitk to this email.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh