[CentOS-devel] Questions about the new git.centos.org repos

Pat Riehecky

riehecky at fnal.gov
Tue Jun 10 22:39:42 UTC 2014

On 06/10/2014 05:32 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 06/10/2014 05:19 PM, Pat Riehecky wrote:

>>> We do not have any of the SRPMs either, just the git repo.  We have to
>>> check out the tree and assemble the SRPMs from git to build them.  What
>>> you see on git.centos.org is all we have too.
>>>

>> I feel like I've already asked these questions in this thread:
>>
>> How do I determine which things I need to check out for building?
>> How do I determine all the versions of a package in a repo - firefox has
>> a Beta, RC, GA, and Errata package
>> (https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!firefox.git/refs!heads!c7)?
>>
>> Pat
> How would you determine it if that was instead a directory on an ftp
> server (ie, ftp.redhat.com) and those four SRPMS where in that directory?
>
> How did we do it for the 6.5 release and the one main directory on
> ftp.redhat.com that contained both the iso (or GA) SRPMs and the zero
> day errata?
>
> What I plan on doing is using some kind of combination of the file lists
> from the ISOs of Beta and RC .. and the release notes and the errata pages.

I'm less concerned with "this is Beta" or "this is GA" and more
concerned with "this exists at all".

I'm just trying to build the RHEL7 GA internally.  I have a list of
SRPMS I've already built.  I want a list of SRPMs listed for CentOS 7
and I'll determine which ones I need to build.

On ftp.redhat.com I get this information with 'ls' and a diff of my
existing list.

Pat

--
Pat Riehecky