[CentOS-devel] CentOS-7 on PowerPC

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 12 10:22:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 06/12/2014 06:13 AM, Timo Schöler wrote:
> at the moment I can provide a Power5+ machine (besides that, an older
> IntelliStation 275, which features a Power4+ and thus might be plain too
> old), with perspectively another Power6+-based machine, soon.

So, we have enough to do the builds - what we need are people to do the
tracking of buildlogs, help with the bootstrap for ppc ( ppc64 is mostly
good, and we can import noarch from x86 builds ), and ideally we need
some of these people to have local hardware to test on, since thats not
something we can provide on.

> Last year I started to rebuild RHEL 6 SRPMs on my Power5+ machine,
> however, due to lack of spare time, I came to a point where efforts stopped.

yeah, same same. How are you placed for time at the moment ?

--
Karanbir Singh