[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 Public QA Release

Fabian Arrotin

fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Fri Jun 13 18:31:10 UTC 2014

On 13/06/14 20:22, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the first CentOS
> 7 QA Release.
>
> !!! This is a QA release only and not the final CentOS 7 release !!!
>
> In the past, CentOS QA testing has been performed by a small group of
> people within the CentOS community. We are happy that we are now able to
> open this up to the wider community to get early feedback and bug
> reports prior to the 7 release.
>
> CentOS 7 QA release is available for download at:
>
> http://buildlogs.centos.org/
>
> We are first populating individual RPMs in their respective build
> directories. Once we have a working base install tree, it will be made
> available at the same URL.
>
> Please note the following:
>  - This is NOT the final CentOS 7 release. Packages, ISOs, and install
> media *will* change between this release and the final 7 release.
> - The packages posted at the above URL will likely be updated in-place
> before the final release.
> - Things may be broken! Don't install this on your production servers.
> Consider it a beta/preview release.
> - Help us make the 7 release better by reporting bugs at
> http://bugs.centos.org
> - This is not an officially supported release. If you have questions,
> aren't sure if you've found a bug, etc., please ask in #centos-devel on
> Freenode, or email the centos-devel email list.
> - Packages in the QA release are *not* GPG-signed. The final 7 release
> will contain GPG-signed packages as usual.
> - Upgrading from the QA release to the final 7 release may be possible,
> but it's not supported or documented in any way. Expect that you will
> need to re-install when 7 final is released.
>
> We appreciate any and all bug reports at http://bugs.centos.org (please
> also check upstream bugzilla.redhat.com <http://bugzilla.redhat.com> and
> link to those bugs when filing a new CentOS issue), and assistance with
> the "Branding Hunt" (see
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2014-June/010411.html).
>
> https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/7.0_Release_Notes/part-Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-7.0_Release_Notes-Known_Issues.html
> contains a list of known issues at the time of the upstream release.
>
> Currently, we only have RPM packages online, but will be bringing
> installable media online as soon as we have it ready.
>
> Again, this is NOT a final release. It may harm nearby puppies, kittens,
> or other (cute) animals and/or servers.  This is our first attempt at
> opening up CentOS to the wider community, so please bear with us as we
> work through any issues that arise with the process. As always, feedback
> is welcome on the email list or on IRC (#centos-devel on Freenode).
>
> Thanks, and enjoy the release!
>  -Jeff Sheltren on behalf of the CentOS QA Team

Just to add that even if there is no installable tree, you can already
point an existing el7beta/el7rc (if you still have one available
somewhere) to the buildlogs repo and you just have to configure is like
that (for example /etc/yum.repos.d/centos-buildlogs.repo) :

[centos-qa-03]
name=CentOS Open QA - c7.00.03
baseurl=http://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.00.03/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

[centos-qa-04]
name=CentOS Open QA - c7.00.04
baseurl=http://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.00.04/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Obviously you'll have to add other repositories when they'll appear (so
you have all)

Enjoy !

PS : and have we already said that "it can kill your cats ? " :-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab