[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 Public QA OpenVZ OS Template available

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Jun 16 08:02:49 UTC 2014

On 06/16/2014 01:51 AM, Scott Dowdle wrote:

> If you change you mind (assuming I understood you correctly) and you want me to take it down I can and will.  I have write access to the OpenVZ contrib OS Templates directory and other than the project leader (Kir Kolyshkin), I'm the only person who posts submissions for contributors.  I pledge to keep it updated and replace it as often as CentOS has milestones... and will have an updated package (later) on CentOS 7 GA day.  I've done it with several previous point releases for the 5.x and 6.x series... for CentOS, SL, and maybe even for OracleEL (once I think).

On one hand its great to have another group of people looking at the
same stuff, trying to break it and provide feedback. However, in this
case that is a user facing audience - and this content is not best
suited for that. On the other hand, there is really no feedback loop
being setup for their issues to be brought here ( unless you are taking
on that task, wasent clear ).

If you can replace those images with newer content as its pushed from
our end ( its going to be nightly ), and remove the signatures on those
images, and finally create some sort of a feedback loop where someone in
that group takes the responsibility of bringing issues to this group (
well, bugs.centos.org ) - then we should be mostly good.

However, what I would recomemnd and request you do is to contribute how
those images are built, help with automating that process, and we can
just start pushing these images along with the other ones we are going
to be doing ( eg. docker and hvm etc ). We can likely do this via the
CCIS repos. Look at
https://git.centos.org/summary/?r=sig-cloud-instance/build-instance.git
which is also mirrored at :
https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-build