[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 QA qcow image

Colin Walters

walters at verbum.org
Mon Jun 16 20:11:43 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014, at 05:27 AM, Scott Dowdle wrote:

> The easiest way to make your own would be to boot the network install
> boot.iso and create your own VM in your preferred virt platform. I used
> KVM and it worked fine.  Once the install is done, customize as you see
> fit (like add an /etc/yum.repos.d/centos-alpha.repo for example).  Shut
> the machine down and clone the disk image all you want.

The issue you get with that approach is having ssh keys, passwords etc.
stored in the image.

If you're in a situation where you need to do this, at least look at:
http://libguestfs.org/virt-sysprep.1.html

The correct thing to do though is to generate images cleanly via
something like Imagefactory (which does anaconda-in-a-vm).