[CentOS-devel] rhn tools and subscription manager

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Wed Jun 18 16:17:57 UTC 2014

On 06/18/2014 09:30 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 06/18/2014 03:09 PM, Jason Pyeron wrote:
>
>> How, if any, does this impact the "most proper" way of converting from CentOS to
>> RHEL on a live system.
>>

> how has this worked in the past? we dont ship rhn tools in CentOS-5/6
> either.

My opinion on this is that we should take them out of the distro and IF
someone like Spacewalk needs them then they can push modified versions
as part of a SIG.  We could push a version that works with Spacewalk if
we want .. but it might be better if they do it as then they can
configure them the right way, etc.

I mean, we CAN include them, but we haven't in the past, and people
still use spacewalk.