[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 and release numbering

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jun 20 13:04:29 UTC 2014

On 06/20/2014 01:49 PM, Trevor Hemsley wrote:
> On 20/06/14 13:34, Ned Slider wrote:
>> Well yes, it is a communication issue really. The board expressed a
>> desire to change the release numbering system and the community
>> categorically rejected that proposal.
> Other than members of the board, I have yet to see a single response
> from any community member who thinks this is a good idea. That either
> means you (the board) are still not explaining what the perceived
> problem is that you are trying to fix or that your idea has failed to
> gain any traction at all and that you're going to go ahead and do it
> anyway because you can.
>
> I know which of those two alternatives I think is happening.

I realise the issue here really is that we should not have started the
conversation without putting something tangiable out there, so people
could see the extent of and the implications of what is being proposed.

At the moment, most of what is coming through is just fear based on
exaggerated assumptions.

I prolly sound frustrated, certainly am. But then I guess the vocal few
are never really a true representation of community.

Anyway, there are some interesting options on how we can and might also
be able to do creative around around the edges, lets explore those as
well. the aim, after all, regardless of what some people are harping on
about, isnt to break the distro - its just to facilitate other optinal
things.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh