[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 and release numbering

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Sat Jun 21 23:21:35 UTC 2014

On 06/21/2014 04:54 PM, Fred Smith wrote:

> I always figured that what you MEANT by binary compatible, is "they work
> the same, don't break linkage with SOs, and when you run it you won't
> observe any difference" other than branding.

One of the fringe benefits of actually sitting down with legal from time
to time. They sometimes explain to us that the way we've been saying
things may not match the 'legal connotation' applied to the language.

There's no malicious intent or devious nature behind the phrasing
change. Just the result of having a legal team inform us that sometimes
"words mean things". It doesn't change the message, just how we present it.

--
Jim Perrin