[CentOS-devel] working around stacked updates

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Tue Jun 24 16:15:01 UTC 2014

On 06/24/2014 10:58 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 06/24/2014 12:14 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> Working around stacked updates is an interesting issue. eg. Kernel
>> needed patches into the GA release, for us to hit our GA tree, but it
>> had also been updated for the zero-day update.
> the latest kernel update from upstream dropped into git a short while
> back, https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!kernel.git/refs!heads!c7 and it
> seems to slot in quite nicely with the git path so far.
>
> So unless there are any objections in the near future, I would say we
> have a process that allows us to arbitarily work on older content, in
> side branches without stamping on c7/

Works fine for me, I can tell what is pushed content and what is
modified content.  The only suggestion I would have is for the last
commit for a version, we get the NVR in the commit name.  (ie, it would
have been better if revision 315459 had 3.10.0-123.el7 in the commit
message and if  f355f5 had 3.10-0-123.1.2.el7 in the commit message.

But other than that minor comment, the process seems great.

And It is not hard to see the flow even without that, so it "works for me".