[CentOS-devel] CentOS7 minimal install ISO

Fabian Arrotin

fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Wed Jun 25 12:22:06 UTC 2014

On 25/06/14 13:49, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 06/25/2014 02:10 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> Anyone been working on a CentOS-7 minimal install manifest ?
>>
>> given that its our most popular download on CentOS-6, it would be great
>> to have something like that for 7 as well.
>>
>> would it help if i threw in a baseline to start from ?
>>

>> - KB
>>
> Do we go with the original concept ( "as minimal as possible" ) or the
> current one from C6 ( "mimic minimal install from the full DVD" ) ? In
> the last case, do we also target a micro-variant ?
>
>      M.

Hi Manuel,

It's a debate we already had in the past wrt CentOS 6 minimal (minimal
as possible, or minimal as in '@core')
I guess most people would expect it to be '@core' : and we also have to
add packages to the mix, like if people try to install over iscsi/fcoe
and such, so basically what you and us did too :-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab