[CentOS-devel] CentOS7 minimal install ISO

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 22:27:33 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

>>> is it in the minimal install from the tree ?
>>
>> I think so in 6.x.  At least it is different between a minimal dvd
>> install and the minimal iso.  I usually don't know which was used when
>> someone does a remote install, but then I need to copy some stuff in
>> and tell yum to install the rest of the packages.   I'd vote for rsync
>> too, since would be my first choice for that 'copy stuff' step instead
>> of scp which sometimes isn't there either.
>>

> admittedly i havent done an install from DVD in minimal mode for years,
> but i am very sure that the end result from a DVD minimal and the
> minimal CD is exactly the same, unless some specific storage is selected
> at installtime. If this is not the case, quantify the difference and
> post a report on bugs.centos.org and we will try and fix it.

We always build identical servers in different remote locations and
one location ends up with scp and one doesn't after the initial
install.  I know one of them is from a minimal iso.   The other guy
might be doing a server install from dvd.   Is there some
after-the-fact way to tell what was the initial install media and
package group?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com