[CentOS-devel] Adding the EPEL release package to the extras repository

Peter

peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Jun 25 23:30:38 UTC 2014

On 06/26/2014 10:28 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> In the discussions for putting CentOS 7 together, the board's agreed to
> make the epel-release package available in the centos-extras repository
> as part of the el7 build.
>
> Are there any objections to this before we execute?

My main concern would be that it would give an implicit approval of all
EPEL packages for CentOS 7.  That also implies that we would support
EPEL packages in the IRC channel and other forums even though CentOS has
no control over those packages at all.

On the flip side it also means that to be fair CentOS should include the
-release packages for other third-party repositories as well.

Peter