[CentOS-devel] CentOS7 minimal install ISO

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 20:30:34 UTC 2014

On 26 June 2014 14:10, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> On 06/26/2014 06:34 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > %packages --nobase --excludedocs
> > acpid
> > authconfig
> > bind-utils
> > biosdevname
> > busybox
> > crontabs
> > dhclient
> > iptables-services
> > -iwl*
> > -libertas*
> > -logwatch
> > mailx
> > ntp
> > ntpdate
> > openssh-clients
> > openssh-server
> > postfix
> > -prelink
> > rsync
> > telnet
> > traceroute
> > strace
> > vim-enhanced
> > yum
> > yum-utils
>

> if someone can build this into a manifest, i can do a distrobuild with
> it. the manifest needs to look like :
> |<package name>|<arch>|
> one entry per line, comments start with # on col0 of the line and are
> ignored
>
> the list needs to include all deps needed, rather than just core-nodes.
>
> Also, rsync vim-enhanced, yum-utils and.....telnet.. really ?

rsync to get stuff onto the box remotely (needs to be on both ends). not
really important just a oh yeah. vim-enhanced because ... well I don't know
I am an emacs guy.. I figured vim people need it. yum-utils is probably
superfluous.. telnet is pretty much the standard way to test network
access.. we have it because something doesn't work and can you telnet to
the port and see if the service is really there. To be honest a lot of
these are superflous if you have busybox installed.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.