[CentOS-devel] CentOS7 minimal install ISO

Anssi Johansson

centos at miuku.net
Sat Jun 28 10:44:35 UTC 2014

Please note that some install options will automatically pull in some
extra packages. For example, installing on an encrypted filesystem will
pull in some packages, and installing on software RAID will pull in some
another set of packages. Here's a list of packages that I think are one
way or another affected by this (and their dependencies):

chrony
cryptsetup
cryptsetup-libs
device-mapper-event
device-mapper-event-libs
device-mapper-persistent-data
dosfstools
efibootmgr
grub2
grub2-efi
grubby
libreport-filesystem
lvm2
lvm2-libs
mdadm
mokutil
shim
shim-unsigned

I would suggest making sure these packages get included, otherwise some
functionality of the installer may break.

anaconda also mentions realmd. I suppose it would get installed if
anaconda needs to access an Active Directory server during installation.
That package depends on PackageKit-glib, libarchive, oddjob,
oddjob-mkhomedir and psmisc. I don't have an AD server here at home, but
I suppose it'd work like
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_realmd_join_kickstart