[CentOS-devel] DVD split media

Anssi Johansson

centos at miuku.net
Mon Jun 30 16:23:40 UTC 2014

30.6.2014 19.11, Karanbir Singh kirjoitti:

>> If packages on DVD#2 aren't installed by a rpm dep from packages on DVD
>> #1, and that those packages aren't referenced in the comps.xml (that can
>> force packages to be installed without any rpm dep), I'd be inclined to
>> skip dvd #2, and just have all those packages on the mirrors (and
>> included in the distro-everything.iso, that can be used on a usb stick)
>>

> we'd need to be very very sure that dvd#2 does not get anything that
> might otherwise get used from the installer.

I can see one possible problem: someone adds an external repository in
the installer, and that external repo has dependencies on CentOS
packages that aren't on DVD1.

This can be taken care of at the Release Notes level: If you intend to
use third party repositories during installation, you may need to use
the everything.iso to satisfy all package dependencies. If you install
the third party repository after installation, the DVD image is sufficient.

In any case, we'd need to do testing to make sure the first (and only?)
DVD image has all the necessary packages.