[CentOS-devel] Centos 7 VS Gnome 3

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Mar 5 23:52:18 UTC 2014

RH seems, in their wisdom, to have settled on Gnome3 or KDE. As far as I
can see, they aren't offering any other desktop environments.

I can't stand Gnome3, and don't care a whole lot for KDE 4.x, though it
doesn't irritate me the way Gnome 3 does.

Given the new relationship between RH and Centos, are their any new
possibilities of including (or offering as extras) things like Mate
or Cinnamon?

Or will I need to roll my own (or bring 'em in from Fedora) ??

Thanks to the whole Centos team for the really good distribution.
I hope to be with you for many more years, if I can.

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.