[CentOS-devel] Centos 7 VS Gnome 3

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 15:57:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Fred Smith
<fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
> RH seems, in their wisdom, to have settled on Gnome3 or KDE. As far as I
> can see, they aren't offering any other desktop environments.
>
> I can't stand Gnome3, and don't care a whole lot for KDE 4.x, though it
> doesn't irritate me the way Gnome 3 does.

Another issue is that Gnome3 needs 3D and does not work with x2go (and
probably freenx/nx  if that is going to be packaged).   And I almost
never work directly at a console.   KDE seems to mostly work, but it
is annoying to have to switch after all these years of RedHat pushing
GNOME.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com