[CentOS-devel] how minimal is a minimal too minimal

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:07:40 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

>> the aim being to setup a base image, that is under 150mb to download and
>> deploy.

> The bare minimum I have had to help groups get down to is basically a
> kernel+busybox with scripts that they could install whatever they wanted
> from there.

And for a slightly different variation on the concept of mimimal - it
would be fun to have a 'thin-client' variation that would boot 'live'
from USB/iso/pxe with just enough to run native X, x2go, vnc client,
or freerdp -preferably with a way to pre-configure the targets and an
optional full-screen startup of one of those apps.   Maybe spice could
work that way too.

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com