[CentOS-devel] how minimal is a minimal too minimal

Chris St. Pierre chris.a.st.pierre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:38:44 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>wrote:

however, would this micro image be consumeable under docker ? I didnt
> think we need a single block type file for docker images ( also, this
> image will need a boot flag and grub to make it usable under virt, that
> again might get in the way of docker )

I'm not entirely sure.  On the one hand, you could surely bind mount it and
do 'tar | docker import', but on the other hand, everything you said.

I guess I was thinking more of a general method to create a minimal install
(a kickstart, or a tiny package group, or whatever) rather than just
shipping an actual ISO.  The word "image" has become overloaded in our
brave new world. :)  I feel like, if we're going to put in the work to
create a 'micro' install, we should go the extra mile to make sure that at
least part of that work is applicable to LXC.

--
Chris St. Pierre