[CentOS-devel] CentOS Firewall and UTM SIG

Shafiee Roozbeh roozbeh.shafiee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:31:28 UTC 2014

Im so happy with this other buddies reaction. in 10 minutes 4 developer and
administrator announce their contribution in this project.

@Bryan
yes I inspired this project from pfsense and some of my projects based on
FreeBSD/NanoBSD in previous company which I worked for. now our plan is
based on Linux and CentOS

@Filipo
we will use your experiences and your source (if your license let us) for
this project

@Eduardo
yes , you are right ! lack of an interface for iptables is problem of most
server administrators and users. our goal in this project and SIG is
providing an integrated solution for firewalling and security.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Bryan Seitz <seitz at bsd-unix.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 07:06:03PM +0100, Filippo Carletti wrote:
> > > is it any Firewall and UTM SIG based on IPTables and web interface in
> CentOS
> > > project?
> > > I would like to start this if is not exist.
> > > what's your idea?
> >
> > I'd join you.
> > I'm already working on NethServer (www.nethserver.org), the UTM
> > firewall module is still in beta but we'll release something next
> > week. We already have a gui for port forwarding and a web proxy based
> > on squid with tproxy and optional port 443 transparent interception.
> > I'm already using alpha versions of snort ips and wan failover.
> > We use shorewall as "mid layer" above iptables.
>
> It would be really cool to have something like pfsense built on top of
> linux/CentOS!
>
> --
>
> Bryan G. Seitz

Roozbeh Shafiee
Linux/BSD System Administrator and Python Developer
RoozbehShafiee.Com