[CentOS-devel] CentOS Firewall and UTM SIG

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Mar 21 21:21:29 UTC 2014

On 21 martie 2014 22:50:39 EET, Shafiee Roozbeh <roozbeh.shafiee at gmail.com> wrote:
>Yes, I worked with this tool sometimes ago but I think that a web GUI
>better for an administrator and our project because:
>- An administrator maybe doesn't access to a Linux  desktop to work
>fwbuilder but with his/her tablet or smartphone or even a Microsoft
>OS can work with web GUI
If you can expose a web interface, you can expose ssh /VNC/VPN whatever to a machine where fwbuilder can run. Google Play provides apps for all of those and then some more

>- Designing and development of web GUI with HTML/CSS is faster and
>that using a framework like Qt or GTK
>- The world is going to web !
And fwbuilder can run on your management workstation and push the rules to ANY server. Including the web server that you mentioned :)