[CentOS-devel] CentOS Firewall and UTM SIG

Patrick Laimbock patrick at laimbock.com
Sat Mar 22 14:23:10 UTC 2014

On 03/21/2014 06:55 PM, Eduardo Kaftanski wrote:
> I'd be interested in such a SIG. I manage a farm of a couple dozen
> CentOS boxes using Shorewall as an iptables generator, but the lack
> of a graphical interface is driving some of my clients to dedicated boxes,
> mostly Fortinet's.

If you want a GUI check out http://fwbuilder.org EPEL has packages for
Fedora but not for EL6. Fortunately the project offers (S)RPMs for EL6:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fwbuilder/files/Current_Packages/5.1.0/

The idea is to create firewall rules with the GUI and let the app
validate them and finally push them via ssh/scp to your box(es).

HTH,
Patrick