[CentOS-devel] interest in Cloud Instance SIG (from the Synnefo and Ganeti side)

Constantinos Venetsanopoulos

cven at grnet.gr
Mon Mar 10 12:00:48 UTC 2014

Hello everybody,

On 02/27/2014 06:14 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 02/20/2014 04:54 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>>      I have attached a revised version of the kickstart. This time it
>> really does not install the firmware for Wi-Fi and other exotic cards
>> and the partitioning is adjusted as discussed (one /boot, one / which
>> spawns all disk ( remove --grow if this is not intended ) and no swap).
>>      I have also modified vda into sda in the %post section, I assume
>> that if sda is used at install time it's also what should get tuned.
> wondering why the multilib policy line - its set to best anyway by default.
>
> - KB

Just wanted to announce that Synnefo now officially supports
CentOS 6.5. You can check it out here:

http://demo.synnefo.org

This image was made by our team with our own tools, though.
The procedure described on this thread was followed, to create
this image.

So, how do you think we can proceed with an official CentOS
image from you guys? Should we start testing some CentOS
images built with your kickstart+virt-install mechanism?

Until then, would you like us to somehow provide you our
CentOS 6.5 image for you to distribute?

Thanks,
Constantinos