[CentOS-devel] CentOS Docker images

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Mar 19 11:32:44 UTC 2014

On 03/18/2014 09:35 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 07:27:35AM -0400, Chris St. Pierre wrote:
>> * A kickstart;
>> * A post-processing script that packages the image up (into either an AMI
>> or a Docker image or whatever else comes along); and, of course
>> * The harness that ties it all together.
>> If you can point me to the code that's used to create HVM AMIs, I can start
>> poking at this.
>>

> You may want to look at the Docker plugin in ImageFactory. Not yet live,
> but the Fedora plan is to use that plugin in Koji to generate our official
> images.

There are 2 issues I have with ImageFactory :
1) it does not solve any problem that isnt already addressed by the
libvirt tools, and is actually limiting in its scope.
2) it needs yet another piece of metadata that is in yet another
differerent file format.

Whatever route we take - there will be some need to integrate with the
tools, and i just feel that the code might be better utilised,
repeatedly shared as well, if we target the libvirt tools instead.

--
Karanbir Singh