[CentOS-devel] how minimal is a minimal too minimal

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Mar 19 20:30:30 UTC 2014

On 03/19/2014 07:13 PM, Chris St. Pierre wrote:
> In the world of Docker, for instance, best practices like not mixing
> packaging systems go by the wayside, so you could use pip or gem or npm
> or whatever tickles you.  Most of those can be installed by wget'ing a
> tarball or the ol' 'curl | bash' abomination.
>
> Still, I prefer to have yum.

curl bash is tricky... wget and verify + rpm install is better :)

however, would this micro image be consumeable under docker ? I didnt
think we need a single block type file for docker images ( also, this
image will need a boot flag and grub to make it usable under virt, that
again might get in the way of docker )

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh