[CentOS-devel] CentOS Firewall and UTM SIG

Shafiee Roozbeh

roozbeh.shafiee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 22:41:49 UTC 2014

IPTables works at OSI layer 3/4. It only deals with IP addresses, port
numbers, protocols. In layer 7, the application layer to filter contents
and URLs we need to use a proxy server like squid. Also for caching
contents in a network, squid will be used.

Also in a UTM antivirus and antispam are the tools which will be use. VPN,
IPS/IDS &... Are the other features that a standard UTM should support.

In this topic we are talking about main subjects of CentOS Security SIG,
not about technical features.

:-)