[CentOS-devel] New SIG I would like to propose

Tue Mar 11 20:04:08 UTC 2014
Pouar <thepouar at gmail.com>

On 03/11/2014 06:02 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 03/10/2014 10:01 PM, Pouar wrote:
>> By target do you mean to base CentAP on Wildfly instead of JBoss EAP?
> yeah, as far as i can tell there are no public updates for JBoss EAP -
> so it might be a bit of a dead ending problem, -or- there is enough
> technical depth and motivation, sustained over a period of time, to
> maintain those inhouse ( can be quite a challenge ).
>
> Also, looking back I dont see you involved with the centos ecosystem in
> the past - can you drop in an intro about yourself as well ?
>
> - KB

Well since you asked:

I've taught myself how to use Linux using a combination of just screwing
with it and using Google. I've only been in the Linux scene for a few
years but I seem to know more than my college does. I've even written a
few of the Lab assignments even though I was just a student there. My
main distro on my PC is Arch Linux, but I'm quite interested in Red Hat
and its tech. I plan on using CentOS as my main server OS Once i get my
new PC and turn the old one into a server. Right now my site is hosted
on a crappy handmedown NAS with a proprietary OS so you can see why I'm
eager to replace it. One reason I proposed that SIG was because I was
going to use "CentAP" on my website as I plan on writing a lot of it
using Java EE, but Wildfly would work too. I've been experimenting with
Wildfly in conjunction with Lighttpd on my Desktop to get more used to
it. Even though I'm a programmer and a Linux geek, I'm also a Christian
and am into death metal, deathcore, and deathgrind. I've also tried
multiple desktop environments, window managers, and several Linux
distros. I've also tried other open source operating systems like
FreeBSD and OpenIndiana. Linux is my favorite so far with FreeBSD being
my second favorite.
--
Pouar