[CentOS-devel] CentOS Firewall and UTM SIG

Sat Mar 22 16:45:52 UTC 2014
Shafiee Roozbeh <roozbeh.shafiee at gmail.com>

OK I explain it:

My goal is a Unified Treath Management (UTM) based on CentOS (Security
SIG). this SIG has an ISO installation media (i686/x86_64) with both web
and cli interface, but cli interface is for common tasks. for back-end we
will use python and django web framework and we need a light web server
like nginx and for front-end we will use HTML5/CSS3/jQuery

The features for this SIG will be:
- basic and advanced wizard to initial configuration
- HA and cluster feature
- SNMP for monitoring
- Management Network like Interfaces, Gateway, Static Route, DHCP, DNS,
ARP, NAT, NameServers, Hostname &...
- Accounting and Access users based on OpenLDAP integrated with Microsoft
Active Directory
- Access policies for each users
- IPS/IDS firewalling based on mixed of IPTables, Snorby, Snort, Suricata,
PulledPork and Pigsty
- VPN to access users based on OpenVPN, PPTP, IPSec, L2TP
- Filtering for Web/URL, Applications, IM and File Transfer
- Defence System such as antivirus and antispam
- Graphical Monitoring System for each part of system

of cource these are some of all features and they can change or add in
future. but I have these in my mind right now.
For set of packages there are too many option and we can discuss about it.