[CentOS-devel] Small Business SIG suggestion

Filippo Carletti filippo.carletti at gmail.com
Sat May 3 10:03:49 UTC 2014

Omar, I basically agree with you.

The SIG idea started with Small Business but evolved in Simplified
Linux Server (SLS).

http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SLS

I'll try to add something to the picture.

> 1. Home security
> 2. Home automation

Change "Home" with "Office", you'll use the same tools because you
have the same targets.

> 3. Entertainment
> 4. Backup
> 5. Cloudsync

Previous 3 points are also needed in the office (in my office we
listen to music while working and used to share it sometimes (now
there's spotify). :-)

The idea behind NethServer is that of an highly modular system, easily
adaptable to different usage scenarios.
You will only install the mail server if you need it (or want to play
with email, out of curiosity).
Adding a new feature is easy and fast: a click on a web page. Building
new features is also easy for the developer.

Being modular permits to create a vertical system highly tightened to
the needs of the user.

I hope to have an SLS SIG meeting on IRC next week, hope you could
join us. Where timezone do you live in? We're spread across GMT-6 and
GMT+2.

--
Ciao,
Filippo