[CentOS-devel] Providing newer versions of packages from base CentOS/RHEL

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed May 7 20:27:09 UTC 2014

Here's the back story:

Base RHEL 6 has Qpid 0.14, which is a very old release. Our team wants
to make a more recent version, 0.26, available for projects such as Open
Stack. They are adopting CentOS as a platform and would like to use
0.26, which includes AMQP 1.0 support.

We can't package 0.26 for EPEL6 due to 0.14 being in the base.

So it was suggested to me in IRC to come here and ask for guidance. We
would like to make our newer packages available for CentOS 6. What's the
right path to follow?

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/