[CentOS-devel] cloud-init in CentOS

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon May 12 10:23:06 UTC 2014

On 05/05/2014 06:31 PM, Juerg Haefliger wrote:

> I'm the EPEL maintainer of cloud-utils and cloud-initramfs-tools and I'm
> willing to maintain those packages and their dependencies for CentOS
> with the goal to keep them in sync.

hi guys,

thanks for offering to do this. I've got the buildsystem stuff in place
- for now were just going to use the existing build service, I've added
a few more builder nodes - so there should not be a capacity issue.

however, a flip side is that there is no way to easily allow external
code to be imported as a bootstrap, I will need to run the imports by
hand for the first import - then you guys should be able to manage and
maintain the repos from there on ( i realise this isnt a scaleable
solution, but rather than wait on a new beautiful solution, I'm all for
getting started instead ).

With that in mind, can you please open an issue at bugs.centos.org - use
project: Buildsys and Category : New package import. List the srpms to
import, ideally with their sha256sums. I will run the import and
followup with a process-to-manage document.

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh