[CentOS-devel] Creating a CentOS-only package

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri May 16 00:16:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 04:08:24PM -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> In discussions with Fedora folks, everyone seems fine with EPEL
> sticking to it's original mission (and accepted brand.) There have
> been discussion in Fedora for something Robyn calls EPIC (Extra
> Packages for Infrastructure and Cloud), which is somewhat what you
> describe - items that are newer and faster-moving.

I think everyone likes the basic EPIC idea. It's mostly waiting for some
people to work on it. If you're interested, the EPEL devel mailing list
<https://lists.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel> is probably
the best place to discuss it. I'd really love to see some Fedora/CentOS
collaboration in this area.