[CentOS-devel] Small Business SIG suggestion

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Mon May 19 16:10:46 UTC 2014

In reading over the past meeting notes, and the goals for this group,
here's what I would like to see:

A staged release plan with 3 or 4 clearly outlined deliverables for the
first stage. From the notes, it reads like there's a bit of feature
creep. Lets outline a few things for an an initial solid release and
move out from there.

I'd also like to see this structured with a bit of project leadership
based in a meritocratic fashion. Since Filippo brought this plan up at
fosdem, and has been leading the effort so far with getting the wiki set
up and writing up the proposal, I feel he's earned the initial chair
position and should continue to drive/lead this effort.

Filippo, will you (as this SIG's chair) and the other settle on a few
solid target items for the initial release goals? This will give the
users the ability to follow a roadmap of sorts and help to avoid feature
creep while still adding functionality.

--
Jim Perrin