[CentOS-devel] The Branding Hunt. Ed. 7

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue May 20 07:59:57 UTC 2014

On 05/19/2014 11:42 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 19/05/14 10:23, Bojtos Péter wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Can't we use the packagelist from RHEL 6 as an initial list of packages,
>> which need to be "re-branded"?
>>
>> Peter
>
> Yes, that would be a good start, indeed.
> Also worth noting that several packages were modified/patched because of
> the logo, but *also* for functional changes.
> As an example, the conga SRPM in el5/el6 has been modified to also
> roll-in CentOS support (for the ricci/luci nodes) so sometimes
> "branding" isn't the only thing to search for, but also functional code
> change required too

I will have 2 things done for today :
1) a guide to what debranding and rebranding implies, along with a broad
set of goals to follow

2) a process to whitelist / blacklist; and must-have, good-to-have,
nice-to-have, to-have-or-not-to-have list.

We can then co-ordinate the effort off a github repo, we can consider
content accepted from github.com to git.centos.org as being the signoff
( we can have acl's that allow a larger group to facilitate this )

regards

--
Karanbir Singh