[CentOS-devel] Docker problems with centos 6 image based on libselinux.

Chris St. Pierre chris.a.st.pierre at gmail.com
Fri May 23 15:02:00 UTC 2014

If we're going to have a hackish approach regardless, is this something we
could shoehorn into the image build process?  I don't know much about the
CentOS build infrastructure, but in Fedora we could do something like:

* Have the patch provided and an updated specfile in the git repo with the
kickstart and other image metadata;
* At the start of the build, fetch the upstream libselinux sources and
build an SRPM;
* Send that SRPM to koji to be built into a real RPM;
* Fetch the resulting RPM and install it into the image, either with the
kickstart or with the Dockerfile we ship to stackbrew.

We could probably even use Koji for EPEL-6 to do this, depending on how
flexible the CentOS build infrastructure is.  It's terrible and hackish and
I hate it, but if it'll get us through until CentOS 6.6 (and will require
less effort than other approaches), I say let's do it.

Or, could we use COPR to create a repo for the updated package?  Again,
stepping outside the CentOS infrastructure proper, but we're all owned by
the same corporate overlord^W^W^W^W^W^W friends here.

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>wrote:

> On 05/21/2014 08:55 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> >> What are the opinions of the cloud-sig folks?
> > Yes that is what I would recommend, and is actually what we are doing
> > with RHEL6.  New libselinux will show up in RHEL6.6 update but for now
> > only exists in rhel6.5 docker base image.
>
> The way we are setup right now, we dont have any mechanism to push into
> specific repos, not a part of the OS repos, without some hoops - and the
> instance/image builders : that output the docker image, also only
> include the OS repos.
>
> Let me look the process over and see how we can do something like this,
> and how we might be able to repose these repos ( and where ).
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh