[CentOS-devel] RFC: Alternative Desktop SIG

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Sat May 24 13:44:46 UTC 2014

On 05/23/2014 12:26 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:59:37AM -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
>> Just to bump this along a bit. (yes, I'm top-posting)
>>
>> I'd like to flesh out
>> http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AlternativeDesktop a bit
>> more. I'd still like to see one or two more folks with some decent
>> rpm/yum building experience volunteer, and some idea of deliverables.
>>
>> examples/thoughts
>> - enabling epel/elrepo by default.
>> - import epel's cinnamon / mate packages for install media
>> - distributable install media.
>> - xxx
>> - yyy
>>

>> I'd like to get this hammered out in time to discuss in this week's
>> board meeting.
>
> Is there anything happening for this SIG?

Right now we've been reasonably 'heads-down' on building the seven rc
and getting prepared for when 7 lands, but I haven't heard anything more
from the folks who proposed the sig. We have been in contact with the
EPEL folks to stuff in there. Currently epel has both mate and cinnamon,
and may pick up more once 7 goes gold.

--
Jim Perrin