[CentOS-devel] The CentOS Release Number Typography

Tuomas Kuosmanen tigert at redhat.com
Wed May 28 17:13:14 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jitse Klomp" <jitseklomp at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS-devel] The CentOS Release Number Typography

> > I don't know what font the number is. I tried WhatTheFont but it isn't
> > very helpful (hope the link works):
>
> The font used for the C5 release number is Denmark, though. So if you're
> working on artwork for C7 I suggest you just use Denmark, the 7 is quite
> nice :)

Hey folks :-)

Looking at the RHEL 7 release candidate which has the new Anaconda,
some things have changed, and I was thinking whether it would make
sense to simply use the basic "CentOS" visual style for the installer,
without any specific version numbering: (mockup image made with Gimp)

  http://koti.kapsi.fi/~tigert/ideas/centos7-anaconda-mockup.png

As you can see, the version number is there just as text.

As for the "Version 7" thing, it might be nice to promote that
more on the installed OS itself, as that's what users will be seeing.

I also came up with this kind of idea for the wallpaper:

  http://koti.kapsi.fi/~tigert/ideas/centos7-wallpaper-800.jpeg

Now, adding the rather bold and strong logo on this image would not
match the style that well - so what if we allowed ourselves a bit of
creative freedom on wallpapers? :-)

If you want to test a fullsize wallpaper, see this:

  http://koti.kapsi.fi/~tigert/ideas/centos7-wallpaper.jpeg

Greets,
Tuomas - the guy who likes to play with pixels and colors..