[CentOS-devel] centosplus kernel naming

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Fri May 30 17:02:47 UTC 2014

As we gear up for the upcoming CentOS 7 release, we're tracking a few
things for the CentOSPlus kernel as well. One of the proposals (via
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=6828 ) is that we change the current
name of the centosplus kernel to be a bit more consistent with other
kernel names. The proposed new name would look like 'kernel-plus' or
'kernel-centosplus'. This is in keeping with other kernel names such as
'kernel-ml', 'kernel-xen', 'kernel-lt' etc. And allows for
/etc/sysconfig/kernel to be used to set the DEFAULTKERNEL as desired.

This change would only be for CentOS 7.

Thoughts, comments, questions, flames?

Please speak up with support for or against this change.

--
Jim Perrin