[CentOS-devel] The Branding Hunt. Ed. 7

Kay Williams

kay at deployproject.org
Sun May 18 22:29:48 UTC 2014

See comments at the end...

Hi Johnny, this all makes sense.

Is the thinking for centos7, then, to "assign out" chunks of packages to
reviewers/hunters, who when then look at sources for text/logos that should
be changed?

Would you want the reviewers to sign off for packages reviewed? How many
packages would be typical for a reviewer to handle in a volunteer-friendly
amount of time? How would branding hunting happen on an ongoing basis as new
packages are added?

This could be a pretty huge effort. And a little deflating for reviewers? A
bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. Perhaps some part could be
automated, say an initial pass over sources looking for variants of the text
"Red Hat" in text or file names, and then reviewers could look at just those
packages?

I can definitely contribute some hours to the effort. Just trying to
understand where/how to help and how people's time can be used wisely.

Thanks,
Kay