[CentOS-devel] moving t_functional and other repos from gitorious to git.c.o

Fabian Arrotin

fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Tue May 20 11:11:03 UTC 2014

On 20/05/14 09:57, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> given that we have our own git infra in place now, I propose moving the
> upstream t_functional setup ( and other repos we have there ) from
> gitorious.org to git.centos.org
>
> will that work for everyone ? Also, some of the docs on the wiki and in
> the git repo itself will need updating.
>
> - KB

Well, the reason why we used gitorious as a primary place for people to
contribute to those t_functional tests was that gitorious was there ,
and people could easily create an account, clone , work on their tests,
and then create a "merge request" to be integrated back into the
t_functional git repo on gitorious *but not* on the main git repo that
hosts the real tests for CentOS Automated QA.

Reason was that we could test the tests before deciding to integrate
them or not for real QA tests (and after a green light on our jenkins
instance http://ci.dev.centos.org)

So what is your real proposal ? Assuming that nobody (except members
from the QA team, as it's the flow we used, and that I explained twice
this year during CentOS Dojo - see
http://people.centos.org/arrfab/Events/CentOS-Dojo-2014/centos-QA-explained.pdf)
can push directly to t_functional hosted on git.centos.org.

Or do you want to create another git repo and we'd adopt the same
"merge" from one to the other (same as we do with gitorious -> internal
git repo) ?

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab